Named after the Evangelist, St. Mark Church began life as an Orthodox mission of the Diocese of the South in Sarasota-Bradenton in 1979. With much dedication and sacrifice the community developed into a parish church in 1998. It now serves many throughout Bradenton, Sarasota, Sun City and the surrounding areas.
We are in the process of completing a new home for our parish on Morgan Johnson Road in Bradenton. We look forward to a bright future and invite you to participate in our continued growth. We at St. Mark are committed to Christ - centered teachings as revealed through Scripture and Apostolic tradition.
A Vision Statement. To be a loving, inviting, evangelical Christian community that attends to the to the needs of its faithful as well as the community both here and in other places.
Our Mission. As members of the "living" body of Christ we strive to actualize the message of Jesus Christ as revealed to us in Holy Scripture and Holy Tradition through: worship, stewardship, fellowship, and discipleship.
Values for our Church:
- Caring and Compassion
- Team work and Trust
- Mutual Respect and Recognition
- Humility and Service
- Financial Responsibility and Christian Behavior
We are committed:
- To giving of our time, talents and treasure
- To bear witness to the Gospel of Christ to those willing to receive it.
- To actually cooperate in the mission of this community through the selfless giving of our time.
- To participate in the Holy Sacraments of the Church.
- To support the leadership of this community.
- To contribute toward the "Fair Share" Program, which supports the Central Church Administration of the Orthodox Church in America.